Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Book review-Copycat by Kimberly Lawson Roby

I had the pleasure of receiving an advance copy of one of my favorite authors novel during the Seducing The Pen Book Tour. I read in three days the novelette Copycat by Kimberly Lawson Roby.

The story was a page turner as I was drawned into the story. I could picture each character while reading the story.  That's a great thing for me when characters can step into my imagination as I read along the story.  I love how Kimberly Lawson Roby can create that imagination for her readers with this novelette.  One of the character's Simone Phillips had me wondering about the ending half way through the story. This child need some serious help is what I was telling myself.  Then of course, I wanted to know how Traci Calloway Cole was going to handle her new found friend Simone.  The author did an amazing job creating a tussle or love hate for those two characters.    

Copycat will definitely keep you turning pages till the end. Most importantly, the light that the author shed on the subject is real and happens each day. Mrs. Roby gave the real life issue a name Copycat.  I love the fact how she talked about identity crisis, envy, and jealously among women. 

Now there was a dramatic scenes that took place in the story that did throw me for a surprise (which was good) with a character you least expected to react. I never would have expected his character to react the way a woman scorned is usually expected.  His reaction will definitely spark some good conversations between book clubs. 

I only had one thing that I felt I was left hanging in the story.  I was hoping that the author would elaborate on whether or not Simone Phillips character novel for published. I felt we as readers were left to imagine that outcome given the circumstances that exploded within the storyline. 

Meanwhile. I love how there is a message in this story for the readers to start talking about with women.  Reading through the story, their were somewhat hidden messages that were nice to see that will stir up conversations today that should be addressed.   

I don't want to give too much away about Copycat. The novel will be available on January 31.2017 and I highly recommend everyone go pick up your copy. 


Photo Credits:
Courtsey of  Black Pearls Magazine Seducing The Pen Book Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment